Monday, October 21, 2013

Meet Little Man, Mick!

Hello!  First off let me open this post with an apology.  I'm so sorry for not writing on our blog more often.  I have been extremely busy over the last month.  I'm going to try my hardest to write more on our blog and Facebook page also on our Twitter and Instagram.   :) 

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this or not, but I am officially Mick's official Angel Tree Warrior this Christmas season!  That means I have to raise at least $1,000 before Christmas day.  The money goes into his adoption grant.  Which is leading him one step closer to finding his forever family.

I guess I should really tell you a little more about Mick before I go on about the goals and how much I love him.   You should at least know who he is!  

Mick is an adorable 3 year old orphan with Down syndrome.  He's located in Eastern Europe.  He's been listed for a long time and still remains an orphan that gets little attention.   Or use to!  I'm about to change that.  I have created a special blog just for him!  I've been writing him letters that I will one day send to him when his hopeful adopted parents find him and bring him home forever. :)    I've also began collecting a couple little things for the keepsake box I have for him.  The keepsake box will be sent to once his forever family has him.  It symbolizes that someone loved and thought of him before his forever family came to his rescue.    
 
I became a Prayer Warrior for Mick back in May 2013.   My love for him is so special.  I love this little boy like he's a brother to me.  And that could be because I have 8 little brothers of my own and so I put them in Mick's spot to picture it that way.  It gives me the love and passion to always stand up and fight for him.  
He holds a very special place in my heart and I pray daily that the Lord will bless him with a forever family soon.  And that He will provide the $1000 I need to reach the Angel Tree goal.  

Fundraiser


So here are some ways I'm currently raising money for Mick.  





And now for the mega fundraiser! Alyssa and I are planning one huge auction for both "our" boys.  Mick and George!  But since we don't have jobs and are busy with our families we depend on small businesses and followers donations to get items to auction.  We want this to be a huge event that brings a good amount so that we can split it between the two of them.  (Alyssa is also an Angel Tree Warrior for George, in case you didn't know) 


I have honestly never been so determined to reach a goal in all my life!  I want to raise $1,000 for this boy!  I want to find his forever family!  I want him to feel love and hugs!  He doesn't deserve to be inside a rotten old orphanage with no one to care for him.  He should have a lovely mother and father to love all over him.  He will be blessed to have a forever family one day, but really it's the family that will find him that will forever be blessed.  He's absolutely precious in every single way.   

I hope that you now know a little more about "my" little man, Mick.  

I appreciate you taking your time to read this post.  It means so much to me!  

If you are interested in donated to our future auction please comment and leave us your email address.  We'd be SO grateful for any donations possible.   


Please keep Mick in your prayers.  Thank you! <3



 - Kaitlyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love."

// Unnecessary or rude comments will be deleted. \\